Thursday, May 17, 2012

{Thankful Thursday} - A Happy Mother's Day

My first official Mother's Day

Sorry it's been two weeks since I last posted.  Still getting used to Motherhood and I had a friend visiting for over a week and we had fun playing tourist.  As you can see I didn't do Jasper's hair for this picture.  It adds charm to babies to have their hair a mess right?  And you can also tell that he's drooling like crazy lately.  He can't be teething already can he?  Hard to believe that last Mother's Day I'd about given up hope that I'd ever have a baby and this Mother's Day I have an adorable 2 month old.  He's so much fun and such a good baby.  I just rubbed his head till he fell asleep.  He kept laughing at me but finally drifted off.  Sometimes I just stare at him in wonderment and can't believe that he's actually mine.  Such a blessing!  In my last baby magazine it listed things to do to pamper yourself while your baby is sleeping.  I guess I haven't gotten to that point yet.  When he's sleeping I file his nails, do his laundry, organize his ever growing pile of stuff, write thank you cards for all his gifts, etc...  It's so amazing to watch him figure things out.  Yesterday he started watching his feet intently as he moved them and since I've been rubbing his head to get him to fall asleep the last few days, he started rubbing his head as well.  So much fun!  For Mother's Day Josh fixed us chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast.  At church Jasper screamed like crazy so I rushed him out to the hallway and he spit up all down my arm.  It took me a while to get him calmed down but then he slept straight through the last two hours of church.  We had dinner with Josh's family and his sister made an awesome cheesecake that was delicious.  Overall it was a good day.  Hope your Mother's Day was good as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment