Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Wool Gathering

Just before I went to New York I pulled up my friend's address on google maps and zoomed in and looked around to see what else was in the area. I was delighted to find this yarn shop just a few blocks South and was determined to visit if I got the chance. On Sat. my friend was down for a nap so I took the chance to stroll down there. I have to say that I haven't been to very many independent yarn shops since I mainly purchase inexpensive yarn from the major retailers but was charmed by this super cute store. The window display features dressed up snowmen. They had the cutest decor inside with lots of fantastic samples and an amazing selection of high quality yarns. The shop owner seemed very helpful and complimented me on my hat so of course I appreciated that. I chatted with a regular customer for a while who was busily working on knitting an afghan. I'm sure this would be a very fun place to hang out and if I lived there I would be come a regular.

No comments:

Post a Comment