Tuesday, February 7, 2012

{Tutorial Tuesday} - Envelope Template for 4x6 photos

I needed an envelope for some 4x6 invitations that I had printed but I didn't think they existed and even if they did I didn't know where I would go to find some. I figured I would need to make some from scratch. I searched online for a template but the one I found was too tall and not wide enough but at least it was a good starting point. I used it to make a template the right size and enlisted my husband to help me trace them and cut them out. Being tech savvy he thought the whole tracing thing was a bit barbaric so he said he would make me a template so we could print them and then cut them out. This worked out great because then I was able to have him add a decorative edge to the flap and make a couple other modifications. Of course they turned out even better than I imagined and we were able to use up a lot of cardstock that I had on hand. I know I will end up using this a lot. Printing 4x6 pics is way more cost effective than any other size. I figured I should share the template because I'm sure a lot of people could benefit from using it. Here's how I did it:

1. Download the template from here.

2. Print it out. (Note that the side and bottom flaps go off the end so just cut along the marks off the edge of the paper and that will be fine.


3. Cut it out.


4. Fold in the side flaps.


5. Fold up the bottom flap.


6. Apply some glue to the edges of the bottom flap and hold in place to adhere.

7. After letting the envelope dry a bit, insert 4 x 6 picture and then fold over the top flap and glue in place.

8. Address the envelope and decorate as desired.

I hope this will come in handy for you! Enjoy!

Tip Junkie handmade projects

Today's Creative Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment