Monday, June 14, 2010

Denim Rosettes

I made these denim rosettes a week or two ago. They are crafted from vintage denim fabric from my mom. They are the biggest rosettes I’ve made so far and I love them! Each one measures approx. 3 1/2” across. I wore one for the first time today for Flag Day.

IMG_4338

I had about a half yard of fabric so I was able to make 5 rosettes. I use a 3” strip of fabric per flower. There are tons of tutorials out there but I just ended up kind of making up my own thing. This is a great project because they all turn out so differently and you can’t go wrong.

IMG_4341

Close up of one of the finished flowers. This is the one I’m wearing today.

IMG_4343

For the back I cut a piece of scrap material into a circle using the bottom of my favorite glass as a guide. I handstitched a pin back into the middle of the circle and then I hand stitched the circle to the back of the flower.

If you’d like to learn how to make one this is what we’ll be making at the etsy craft party I’m hosting this Friday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment