Tuesday, December 6, 2011

{Tutorial Tuesday} Felt Marble Mazes

I saw this idea on pinterest a couple of weeks ago and this is my new & improved version of it.



1. Cut two pieces of felt 6" square. (I had a 9" x 12" piece of felt so I just folded it in half and cut the one edge.)


2. Mark 1/2" in on each side for the maze boundary.



3. Mark your maze. These are the two designs I have been using.


4. Sew the inside of your maze. Start with the lines in the middle and work your way towards the outside. Then insert the marble and sew around the outside of the maze. Trim edges with pinking shears. (The first maze I made I used a round marble but I only had one so when I was sewing up the second one my husband suggested that I use a flat floral marble since I had oodles of those. - so use whatever you have on hand. Also - I find that a walking foot works wonders when you are sewing up thick projects like two pieces of felt.)


5. If you want to add a loop to one corner of maze, cut a piece of ribbon or ric rac 3" long, fold in half and sew to one corner. (I melted the ends of my piece of ric rac with a lighter to keep the edges from fraying.)


6. Put your two mazes on a ring and they are ready to play with!

{Be sure to enter the current giveaway!}

Linking here:

Tip Junkie handmade projects

Todays Creative Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment