Saturday, July 24, 2010

Denim Scripture Tote Bag

I made a few of these last Fall and one of my friends that ordered one for her daughter last year placed an order recently for one for her niece.  She wanted pink so I took over a stack of pink fabric that I had and she picked this Hawaiian print.  It’s leftover from a quilt my mom made me a while back.  I bought this fabric to go on the back of the quilt and also to be used between the blocks to frame them.  Since I made up the pattern it took me a bit to remember how to make one but I’m really pleased with how it turned out.  I had a bit of a problem sewing the lining and the outside of the bag together since the fabric is such different weights but I got out my walking foot and that made it a breeze.  It really saved the day.IMG_4423As you can see it holds a quad nicely.

IMG_4424

Little pocket on the front for keys, etc…

IMG_4425 On each side of the lining there is a big pocket that can fit a YW book, Faith in God book or a pocket size hymnal.

No comments:

Post a Comment