Thursday, November 11, 2010

Felt Jingle Bell Balls

I always have the hardest time coming up with presents for boys.  I was thinking about crocheting balls but I never came across a pattern.  Yesterday I searched for "boys stocking stuffers" and stumbled across this free pattern here.  (Wait a while for it to load and then click on the picture of the cute fabric balls under "free patterns" and a pdf will open.)  Anyhow, I can't remember what blog I saw them on that lead me to the link but she suggested adding a bell inside to make it more fun for the kids and I'm sure more annoying for the parents.  Since I don't have any guy fabric I thought I'd make some out of felt.  They sewed up pretty fast.  Now I just have to handsew them closed.  I think the will do for Christmas presents for my nephews.  One is just a baby and just got a new dog he loves to play with.  The other one is a bit older but loves to throw things so maybe this will be a hit with him as well.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment