Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cowley Cousins


When we returned home from our Christmas vacation we were blessed to have a whole stack of Christmas cards in the mailbox. It was so fun to hear from so many family members and friends and receive their pictures and letters. In a couple of the envelopes we got school pictures of some of Josh's nieces. They were so cute I knew I wanted to frame them to have them on display. I gathered up my supplies and got started. Luckily I found this great 5 x 7 all natural wood frame. I'm pretty sure I picked it up from a dollar store somewhere along the way. First I trimmed the pictures with my paper trimmer to make sure they were pretty much the same size. Then I attached them to white cardstock and cut around them with my favorite pair of decorative edge scissors - torn edge. I use these all the time since it's uneven and it's easier to hide your mistakes with them. I searched through my pile of decorative papers for quite a while before I found one that I liked. I picked this one because it brings out the colors in the clothes the girls are wearing but since it's striped it's not too girly. Important since this will be sitting on my husband's desk in the office. I trimed the background paper to 5 x 7, attached the girls' pictures and placed it in the frame. Fast, easy project that we will enjoy seeing every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment