Monday, February 23, 2009

Vintage Apron

I've been so busy crafting lately that I haven't spent nearly enough time posting all my creations. Since I hadn't sewed a piece of clothing in about 15 years I thought a simple apron would be good practice. I went to JoAnn's a couple weeks ago and got a couple cute patterns that were on sale for a dollar each. This is made from the Sewing for Dummies pattern. It's made from some fabric I had in my stash that appeared to be quite old. It just ties in the back. The pattern called for making the neck strap adjustable through two D-rings but I just made an extra tie and sewed it to both sides to slip over my neck - much easier! Sorry the picture's not that great. I thought this would be easier than setting the timer but the lighting not's too great. I figured this would be a good way to use up some random pieces of fabric I've collected over the years. I'm sure I'll be making more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment