Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Child Floral Hat

I'm pretty sure my mom started making this hat for me over 30 years ago and it got set to the side and never finished. It was just a few inches shy of the second row of the brim. Luckily the pattern was easy to figure out so I finished the row and added a scallopped row to finish it off.

I thought it would be cute with a flower so I modified the pattern from below and made a flower with 5 petals instead of 7 and only did two rows.

I'll have to examine the hat further and figure out the pattern. I'd like to make another one. I think it'd go pretty fast since you are crocheting with 2 strands of yarn. I remember having a hat like this when I was little. It's warmed up to the 90s again here so it's too hot to wear my hat on our evening walks now but hopefully it will cool off again soon and I'll be able to start wearing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment