Thursday, December 3, 2009

"Scrabble" Tile Necklaces

We finished up these necklaces for Activity Day the other evening. My friend Jennifer made the artwork and actually the pendants too. She ordered the bails here. I got the suede cord and clasps (not shown) from Wal-Mart. The girls really seemed to like them. They are the theme for Primary next year. Jennifer also did artwork for the YW theme. She actually did that artwork first and then I requested the Primary artwork. They are so cute.

We also made origami gift boxes which the girls enjoyed. We had a few minutes left at the end and they asked if they could practice crocheting so I got out a few skeins of yarn and some crochet hooks. They were having so much fun making long chains that they all refused to leave when their parents showed up. Who knew they were so into crocheting? I guess we'll have to have a crochet activity next year sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment