Sunday, June 12, 2011

Baseball Crayon Roll

IMG_5911IMG_5912IMG_5910
I usually don’t craft on Sunday unless it’s for a gift and in this case it is a gift for a party we are going to in a couple of hours.  Luckily I’d already had this started.  It was all cut out and the crayon pockets were even marked.  I’d gotten that far with it when I sewed up several of these over the holidays for Christmas presents.  I didn’t know exactly who I was giving this for so I wasn’t sure how to decorate it so that’s why it’d been left unfinished.
When my sister in law came to my craft booth last month she said she wanted a crayon roll for her son so I said I’d make one for his birthday.  He’s really into sports so I put a baseball on it.  I’m never completely satisfied with how my sewing projects turn out but I guess it’ll do.  Even though my sewing machine has lots of fancy stitches I haven’t used many of them so I was happy with how the baseball decorative stitching turned out.
I had intended to make a couple of felt rolls for colored pencils and markers as well.  Since I finally finished up this crayon roll maybe I’ll eventually get to those projects as well.
I hope he likes it and that he’ll get a lot of use out of it (and that it will help keep him entertained in church!)

No comments:

Post a Comment