Thursday, January 22, 2015

Christmas Stocking


My friend that I crocheted 5 Christmas Stockings for in December 2012 had a new baby December 2013.  She needed a stocking so my friend asked me to crochet one more.  She wanted pink.  When I went to the store to find yarn I decided on this bright pink and this variegated yarn to go with it.

This is the pattern I used.  I'm not sure why it's called "Quick and Easy" because it takes me all day to make it.  Maybe I'm just slow!  I did change the pattern up a bit.  I crochet in rounds instead of back and forth as it suggests.  Doesn't seem like it would be strong enough to be sewn together and I'm not a fan of that step so I eliminated it.  Also I make the stocking shorter and attach the band to the top of the stocking instead of having it fold down over the top.

I can't find that I blogged about the original 5 that I did a couple of years ago so here's a picture of them.



I love how different they are and that they are the favorite colors of each of the kids.  So fun!  I still haven't decided on stockings for my own family.  Since we randomly spent Christmas Eve in a hotel this past year I guess it didn't matter but I should decide what I want for this year and make them while I still have the whole year to get them done.

No comments:

Post a Comment