Saturday, January 24, 2015

Peppermint Sugar Scrub


Sorry about the terrible picture.  I made a bunch of these over the holidays to use for Christmas presents, Birthday presents and neighbor gifts.  The little container is a baby food container.  I used up all that I had unfortunately so I will have to try to find someone to give me more.  Anyways, the label I got from skiptomylou but I just searched and couldn't find it so maybe she took it down?  I'm a big fan of using 12x12 paper to make gift boxes so that's the little box bottom you see there.  I also included a spa washcloth.


Here's a blurry picture of it.  Ugh!  The pattern is from the Lion Brand website  I just use a cone of cotton yarn from Wal-Mart and an "H" hook.  It's pretty thick.  I've made a couple of dishcloths in this pattern and they are really nice.  I'll post some pics of those here soon.

There are tons of recipes for the sugar scrub out there but the one I used is this:
2 c sugar
1/2 c coconut oil
20 drops peppermint essential oil

The coconut oil I got from costco and even though I made a ton of these for presents I didn't even use half a jar so I still have 1 1/2 jars left.  Need to start researching other uses for coconut oil!  Used a bunch of sugar but luckily I had just bought a giant bag and still have a bit of peppermint oil left.

I need to use it more.  It really does help my extremely dry hands that tend to crack and bleed easily in the dry weather.

First I scooped the coconut oil into a glass bowl and melted it in the microwave for a little bit.  Then I added the sugar and mixed it really good and then added the oil and stirred it a bit more to get everything blended together.

Since I don't bake these were the perfect gift for me to make.  I've actually already made neighbor gifts for this Christmas coming up but probably shouldn't blog about them until I give them out?

No comments:

Post a Comment