Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Baby Duck Rag Quilt

These are the blocks we had leftover from another baby rag quilt we made a while back. I thought it would be a weird shape to have it so skinny and long so...
I cut some of the squares in half to make a square quilt. That left me being short for the corners so I found a yellow and white striped leftover square from another quilt and cut it up for the corner blocks.

Here's the quilt all sewed together and snipped. I found these great Fiskars scissors on sale at Joanns a few weeks ago that worked great. They are even called Rag Quilt Scissors. Made all that clipping a breeze.

Here's a close up of one corner. Instead of the traditional stitched "X" with straight lines I like to do a + with zig zag stitches. I think it turns out really cute that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment