Monday, April 25, 2011

Non traditional wedding gifts

Last Monday my parents and I drove from WY through Yellowstone park to ID for my cousin’s pre wedding open house.  Since we were going to spend a lot of time in the car I of course brought some yarn with me and my crochet hooks.  I’ve had this yarn for a while and could never decide what to do with it.  I was thinking about making a baby hat or cocoon but I kept going and ended up with this.  I’d never done earflaps before but I think they turned out pretty good.IMG_5614

IMG_5611

Since I had some yarn leftover I decided to try to make a headband/ear warmer.  I’d never made one of these either and made it up as I went but I think it turned out great.

I’d been undecided about what to give the happy couple for a present but ended up with two presents that I think will be good for them since they live in a cold climate.

I hope they enjoy them and get a lot of use from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment