Saturday, October 15, 2011

Halloween Table Runner




I finally finished this table runner that my mom made for me a year or two ago.  All I had to do was hand stitch the back of the binding but I kept putting it off.  Thursday we drove to Billings so I knew I'd have a couple of hours of riding in the car so I brought this project along and easily had time to finish it.  The fabric is leftover from a quilt top kit that I purchased at the quilt show in Houston many, many years ago.  The line is Aunt Grace reproduction and it's out of print.  This is the booth I bought it from.  I'm so in love with 30s fabrics.  I have a posy quilt that I started ages ago that I need to find and finish and also this Halloween quilt top is somewhere waiting to be finished as well.  I'm pretty sure it's in CA.  What would I do without all my unfinished projects haunting me?  One U.F.O. down, countless more to go!

P.S.  I'm not sure where to find the pattern for this table runner.  My mom and her quilting friends have made tons of them over the last couple of years and I actually have several - one for everyday and a couple different holiday ones as well.  The cool thing about it is that somehow you quilt it as you go so when you're done all you have to do is finish up the binding.  (Sorry I had to take the pictures on the floor.  Of course the kitchen table and coffee table both are currently covered with craft supplies!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment