Sunday, February 14, 2010

Custom Dog Sweater

Lastnight, as I was leaving Josh's cousin's birthday party, another cousin who is in town for the weekend asked me about the possibility of making a sweater for their 6 week old puppy. I was intrigued by the challenge so I searched around and stayed up late and came up with this.

I decided that it was too boring and need to be spruced up a bit so this morning I crocheted a black edge around all the openings and added a flower. I think it is greatly improved.


Now I just need to try it on the puppy. Even though the sweater only measures 6 1/2" long and is about 10" around I'm not sure it's going to fit but atleast now I know what I am doing and can take some measurements of the dog and make another one if I need to. Even though I'm not a pet person at all it was kind of fun to make this so I'm sure if there's enough interest I'll be making more.
Update: Delivered the sweater and it fits! So cute! Now I'm anxious to make another one.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh SO CUTE! you are amazing! I really wanted to see it on, and it's adorable!
    nice work!

    ReplyDelete