Thursday, April 8, 2010

crocheted fabric pot

It'd been a while since I'd crocheted with fabric and I was having so much fun making these little containers out of tshirts that I thought I'd make one from fabric. I found this random yard of fabric that I had no plans for so I ripped it into 1" strips and started crocheting away. I have to say though that I prefer crocheting tshirts over fabric. Tshirts are generally the same color on both sides so you don't have to worry about keeping your strip of fabric going the right direction. As you can see here the white backside of the fabric often ended up on top. I guess it's ok to have the contrast but I think the solid knit looks better. If I crochet with fabric again maybe I'd better stick with a lighter print so when the back of the fabric ends up showing the contrast isn't as stark.

No comments:

Post a Comment