Wednesday, April 7, 2010

DAMIAN name plaque

So when we cut out the vinyl for the name frame there was room for two names. Secretly I was hoping for two vinyl names so I'm so glad it worked out. I had a scrap piece of 1x4 I wanted to make into a name sign since there was a bit of paper left over from the frame that would fit it perfectly. One edge of the board was very crooked but after several minutes with the sander I got it straight enough. Since I had a better idea of what I was doing I painted the entire board black first, then I mod podged on the scrapbook paper. Then I applied the vinyl lettering and then I added a top coat. It is completely nerve wracking working with paper as it wrinkles up something terrible everytime you add a layer but eventually it smooths back out. I really like how this turned out. I think I'll be making a couple more soon.

1 comment:

  1. And we will prominently display this one and brag about you :-)