Monday, March 5, 2012

{Money Saving Monday} - Dollar Stores

It's no secret that I love dollar stores. I'm very glad that there are Dollar Tree stores in Cody and Billings so that I can get my dollar store fix every once in a while. As much as I love the Dollar Tree and am glad to have a couple of them accessible to me I really miss the 99 cent store. Not as classy, true. But wider variety. There was one right next to my apt. in CA and it was really hard for me to exercise self control and not go there everyday. I'm also a big fan of Honk's in ID & UT. I was able to go there last April when we went to ID for my cousin's wedding and unfortunately couldn't really buy anything since I was limited to a carry on for my luggage but did see a lot of tempting stuff. The reason I write about this is that a couple of months ago I was in Cody with some people who had never been to the Dollar Tree before and they were amazed at the selection and variety. I think it's always a good idea to check the dollar store when you are looking for something to see if they have it first and then go to a discount store if the dollar store doesn't have it. A lot of people here refer to the "Family Dollar" as the dollar store but to me it doesn't count because things are just in increments of a dollar there. I've never really been a fan of the Family Dollar but do go there sometimes since there's one near my dr's office.  They are also in the process of building one in the next town over.  I guess it's better than nothing but I'd still prefer to have a Dollar Tree closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment