Tuesday, April 17, 2012

{Tutorial Tuesday} - Trash Sack Holder

While my mom was here she sewed up this trash sack holder to hang on the changing table.  Brilliant!  There's nothing worse than needing a bag when you are changing a yucky diaper and not having one handy.  I didn't take pictures as she was making it but it's pretty easy so I'll do my best to explain.

1.  Cut a piece of fabric about the same size as a kitchen towel.


2.  Turn over the short ends 1/4" twice and sew to hem the top and bottom.

3.  Sew elastic just under each seam across the top and bottom.

4.  Sew the long sides together.

5.  Attach a piece of ribbon or ric rac or seam binding to the top to tie it on the rail of the changing table.

This comes in handy every day!  I'm so glad she made it!  I wish I had thought of this when I had a babysitting job in AZ last year.  It would've been so nice to have some trash bags right there instead of having to run to the kitchen to grab one each time I needed one.

If you have a baby shower to go to this could be a unique gift for the mom to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment