Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wrapping Paper Bows

Not my most impressive bow to date but this is after a long car journey...
I can't remember where I first saw the idea of making bows from your leftover wrapping paper but I loved it and have been making them ever since. I thought I'd post about it since it seems like there's always someone who hasn't seen it before and wonders how to make them. Being a compulsive hoarder it's always difficult for me to throw away those strips of paper that you end up cutting off when wrapping a present so this is the perfect solution for me. All you do is cut your excess paper into 1/2" strips and curl them with your scissors just like curling ribbon. They magically curl up and then all you have to do is tape them into a bow. You don't have to worry about if your strips are perfectly even because this method covers up a lot of mistakes. I have used a paper shredder before but the strips ended up quite narrow which I guess would be good on small packages but ended up being a bit time consuming on larger packages.
So there - my secret of wrapping paper bows is out. Happy wrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment