Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Crochenit U.F.O.

This past weekend I decided to rescue an unfinished object of my mother’s and try to finish it for her.  It’s a baby crochenit afghan that she started and never got back to.  I haven’t done crochenit for over 20 years so I didn’t remember what to do but figured I’d be able to find some help online and I did.  Luckily I came across their website complete with video tutorials that showed me exactly what I needed to do.  My mom gave me a couple pattern books she had as well.  Between those and the patterns on the website I could make a lot of different items using this technique but I’m not sure how much I’ll get into it.  Does seem like you could go pretty fast.  I’ll keep you posted how it goes.

IMG_4173

There’s a hook on each end and you take turns with each color picking up stitches and then crocheting them off.  It’s an interesting combination of knitting and crocheting combined into one.

No comments:

Post a Comment