Thursday, May 13, 2010

Turtle Soap

IMG_4090

IMG_4091

A couple weeks ago I asked my Activity Day girls what they wanted to make their mothers for Mother’s Day and they all said origami boxes.  I taught them how to make those at Christmas and they loved it.  So I was trying to think of something we could make to go in the origami boxes.  Luckily I came across some soap kits that were 75% off at Joann’s.  This kit had enough soap, coloring, scent and molds to make a bunch of flower soaps that were perfect.  The next day I happened to be at a different Joann’s and I picked up a different kit for me so I could practice.  I also bought some colored soaps.  In my vast overabundance of craft supplies I actually have a full box of soap molds that I was given but had never used.  I’d only made one bar of soap on one previous occasion many years ago so I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing.  Since I had green soap and turtle molds I decided to make turtle soaps for my Mother in law and one of my friends for her b’day.  They both collect turtles so I thought this would be a fun gift for them.  Luckily they turned out and I had these little soap bags to package them in.  It ended up being a great gift.  We were quite hurried the night of Activity Days since we only have an hour and had to make the soap, origami gift boxes and cards but somehow we got it all done and the girls had a lot of fun in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment