Tuesday, May 29, 2012

{Tutorial Tuesday} - Fabric Covered Composition Notebook


My nephew's birthdays are coming up and I've been brainstorming things to make for them.  I finally came up with this and sewed a couple of them up Saturday afternoon. I hope they like them!

Instructions:
1.  Measure size height and width of book while it is laying open flat.
2.  Cut two pieces of fabric about 1 1/2" taller than your measurement and about 6" wider.
3.  Sew fabric right sides together leaving an opening for turning.
4.  Turn fabric right side out, press and hand sew opening closed.
5.  Fold over ends of fabric for flaps and pin in place.
6.  Sew around entire outer edge of fabric.
7.  Place on notebook and enjoy!

Optional: Pen/Pencil Pocket
1.  Cut two pieces of fabric 2 1/2" x 5".
2.  Sew right sides together leaving an opening for turning.
3.  Turn fabric right side out, press and hand sew opening closed.
4.  Pin pocket in place and sew around three sides.


I actually have quite a few of these notebooks that I picked up on the cheap at a back to school sale.  I will be making lots more of these as I get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment