Tuesday, June 5, 2012

{Tutorial Tuesday} - Baby Bow Tie



I'd meant to applique some ties to some white onesies I got for Jasper to wear to church but of course hadn't gotten to it yet and he's already outgrown the little church pants I made him.  I'd come across various tutorials for bow ties and had been thinking about that as well.  On Memorial Day a niece mentioned that Jasper needed a bow tie and a couple weeks ago at church a talk was quoted about dressing your child as a missionary for church so that finally set me into action.  Sunday morning I made a cute little bow tie in less than 5 minutes.  (No kidding!)  I mainly followed the tutorial I found here.  I cut the larger piece 4 1/2" x 9" but the smaller piece only needed to be 2" x 2 1/4" since I cut the piece that she mentioned in half.  Even though I plugged in the glue gun, since I had a threaded needle sitting right there I ended up sewing it instead.  After I formed the bow I took a couple stitches through the pleats to hold them in place and then I added the middle part and stitched the ends closed and then I sewed on the pin.  tada!  So cute!  Sadly only a couple of people saw it though since amazingly he slept straight through all three hours of church and I just had a couple of people peek at him to see his cuteness.  He'll be wearing it again next week for sure!

1 comment: