Tuesday, June 19, 2012

{Tutorial Tuesday} - Machine Embroidery

I'm still working on sewing up cloth books - 3 down and 2 more to go.  As you can see this quiet book has a name plate for the owner's name.  Since I'm lucky enough to have a sewing machine that does a bit of embroidery I thought that would be the easiest way to add a name.  I haven't done machine embroidery very many times and it's been a while so I practiced on scrap fabric a couple of times to see how much room the name would take and then I sewed on the project.  Silly me still had the walking foot on and the letters ended up getting all messed up so I had to rip it out (what I was trying to avoid by practicing) and start over again.  This time I used the foot that my machine recommended and also pinned 2 layers of fabric under where the embroidery was going to be to reinforce the area.  The "E" shifted a bit but overall it turned out good enough to keep.  I really should think of more projects I can do to utilize this feature of my machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment