Monday, February 6, 2012

{Money Saving Monday} - Cen$ible Nutrition Class


I started taking a free Nutrition/Cooking class last Monday and it's so great. Each session starts off with a lesson/lecture and then we make something in the kitchen. Last Monday we made parfaits - so easy and so good and today we made a couple different types of breads and muffins using a starter mix. So smart! I was able to take a peak at the cookbook today and it looks like it's going to be great. I'd pretty much fix everything in there. Most cookbooks are way too out there for me but this one is very practical. I can't wait to get it. The thing is this class lasts 8 weeks and since I've just gone to two classes and I'm due in 4 weeks I'm not sure I'll make it to the end but I'll go to as many classes as I can. There's even a section that talks about making baby food which I'm very interested in.

The first week's lesson introduced us to "the plate" which has now replaced "the pyramid". Makes sense. It's easier to visualize what you should be eating when it is presented like this. I really think they should make actual plates like this to help people eat better and everyone would love it - esp. kids. They could even partition the different areas. Don't kids love plates like that?

I consider myself a middle of the road eater. I never have soda and eat fairly well but there's lots of room for improvement I'm sure. I look forward to continuing the class and putting what I learn to good use. If your area offers a class like this I'd encourage you to take advantage of it. I luckily came across an announcement for it in the local paper. I can't believe that we only have 3 students in the class. You'd think that more people would want to take advantage of this great opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment