Wednesday, February 22, 2012

{Whatever Wednesday} - What a difference a year makes!





Pretty close to exactly a year ago we pulled the moving truck up in front of the house.  It was a several day adventure in which a lot of things went wrong - it was pouring rain when we packed the truck, we had to leave A LOT of stuff behind, hit a snowstorm that really slowed us down, truck broke down and we were stuck by the side of the road for 10 hours in 20 degree weather (tops), had to leave the truck behind to get fixed and then 4 hours back to pick it up the next day, truck broke down again in front of the house, high of 10 when we unloaded the truck, foot of snow on the ground that we had to carry everything through.  It was a pretty crazy couple of days and a bit stressful to deal with but even while it was happening we knew that somehow everything was working out for the best.  Our delays resulted in us making the last 4 hours of the journey in the truck on dry roads which was possibly the only window of dry roads all that week since it was between storms.  The important thing of course is that ultimately we all made it safely and I was pretty happy that the stuff made it safely as well.

Today the high was in the upper 40s, it rained a bit off and on and we've had some crazy wind the last few hours.  There's just a few patches of snow on the ground from the last snow storm which will be gone if the rain keeps up.  Completely different than it was a year ago!

Even though I knew we wouldn't always live in AZ, I didn't expect that we would ever move to WY but here we are and here we are trying to figure out how we can stay.  I was def. not a fan of the extreme heat in AZ but I do miss the friends that I made there and the family that we left behind.  (And also the accessibility to shopping!)  I have to admit that I do like living in WY though.  The people are really nice and between my hoarding and occasional shopping trips I've been able to get by.  It's been 10 months since I've been home to CA and at this point I'm wondering if I could ever drive in a city again much less live there.  Things are so different here that sometimes I just stare in disbelief and I'm sure I'm constantly offending people but eventually I'm sure I'll figure out how life works here in the wild west.  And hopefully someday soon, I'll actually be able to unpack my clothes and go through the rest of the boxes in the garage.  We'll see what the next year brings...

No comments:

Post a Comment