Tuesday, February 28, 2012

{Tutorial Tuesday} - Bassinet/Pack n Play Sheet

About a month ago we bought a pack n play with a bassinet top.  I was glad that it came with a sheet.  Upon examining it, I determined that it would be pretty easy to duplicate since it was just three pieces of material serged together as you can see here.


First, I measured the pieces and figured I needed to cut two pieces 3 3/4" x 20 3/4" and one piece 34 1/4" x 38 3/4".  Luckily, when I searched through my fabric stash I was able to find the perfect material that went really well with the pack n play.


The first thing to do is serge along one side of each of the long strips of fabric that will be at the top and bottom of your sheet.

After you've serged along the long side of each strip, pin them to the large piece of fabric with one strip at the top and the other at the bottom.  Then serge along the sides attaching the long strips to the main piece of fabric.


Next step is to fold over the sides about 3 1/2" and pin in place and then serge across the top and bottom of the sheet and you will be done!  So fast and easy!  You may need to adjust your measurements a bit.  After I was done I realized that my seams were a bit narrower than what the manufacturer used so to ensure a snug fit I need to do another straight seam a bit in from my serging seam.  When I make the next sheet I'll prob. just cut the pieces a bit smaller to adjust for the narrower hem.


Completed sheet in place in the bassinet.  All ready for the baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment